Appointments to see the Practice Nurse
Appointment times with the nurses vary. Please enquire at reception. It is helpful if we know the reason for the appointment so that the appropriate amount of time can be allocated.
The Practice Nurse is available for blood tests, blood pressure checks, Diabetic, Asthma & Coronary Heart Disease reviews, cervical smear tests, ear syringing, child vaccinations, dressings & travel advice.
If you are not able to get to the surgery, District Nurses will carry out treatment within your own home environment.
They are involved in ante-natal and post-natal care, offering support and education, helping mothers and their partners prepare for parenthood.
Ante-natal clinics are held every Monday afternoon between 2.00pm and 4.00pm at both our surgery sites. Please note that the first ante-natal appointment attendance requires a time longer than an average consultation, so a special appointment must be made.
Post-natal checks are carried out by one of our female doctors at the end of morning surgery, by appointment.
Counsellor – Connie Chapman
Counselling is available on Tuesday mornings and Tuesday afternoons. If you are experiencing depression, anxiety or emotional difficulties in response to loss, relationships, work, health or other life events, your doctor can refer you.
Other Services Provided at the Practice
- Cryo-surgery – freezing treatment for warts and verrucas (clinic held approximately every 6 weeks)
- Warfarin Monitoring
- Flu vaccination clinics October, November and December each year
- Physiotherapy - by GP referral
- Emergency Contraception – fully confidential service (also available via the Walk-in Centre and GP Collaborative)
- Minor surgery procedures and joint injections