Patients have responsibilities to:
- Keep your appointment. If you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Make more than one appointment if more than one patient needs to be seen, when you come in to surgery.
- Request out of hours home visits for EMERGENCIES only and routine home visits for those that are TOO ILL to come to surgery.
- Be patient with the receptionists. They are doing their best and are only following the doctors instructions.
Look after your own health. Exercise regularly and watch your diet. Ask the doctors or practice nurses for advice.
Our promise to you
- You will be treated in a friendly and courteous manner by all staff.
- You can expect confidentiality of your records to be maintained at all times.
- The doctors aim to see patients within 30 minutes of their scheduled appointment. You will be informed of any delays.
- You can expect to be given an urgent appointment with an unspecified doctor within 24 hours of a request. You should be able to see a doctor for a routine appointment within 48 hours.
- All children are offered immunisation and annual health checks are available for those over 75 years. Cervical smears are recommended every 3 years, with a reminder sent out to eligible women.
- We will provide training for our staff to improve our services to you.