PPG Invite to Join the Group
The General Medical Services contract is issued by the Department of Health (D.O.H). It reflects the agreement between the British Medical Council and the government about the services offered by GP’s. In March, this year the D.O.H published the revised contract which included requirements for patient reference groups.
The P.P.G should be seen as the conduit between the practice, and the patients on topics which are likely to lead to a better service being given by the practice. Remember the group exists to help you as a patient, and improvements are less likely if comments about the quality of the service are not forthcoming from patients.
If you are interested in becoming a member of our patient participation group, please email email@example.com or leave details with reception.
The list below gives the key requirements of the patient participation arrangements:
· Develop a structure that gains the views of patients, and enables the practice to obtain feedback from the practice population, e.g., a patient reference group.
· Agree areas of priority with their patient reference group.
· Collate patient views through a patient survey.
· Agree an action plan with their patient reference group.
· Publicise the results of the patient survey.
· Publicise the actions taken and what is achieved as a result