To request a prescription online, you can request this through the NHS app on your smartphone or request access to system online by visiting the practice with photographic ID.
To enable the practice to process repeat prescriptions efficiently and for the benefit of patients, it would be appreciated if the following procedure could be followed when ordering repeat prescriptions:-
- Please allow 2 working days notice.
- Telephone requests should be made between 10.30am and 12.30pm and 3.00pm and 4.00pm.
- On-line at https://systmonline.tpp-uk.com (you will need to call in to the surgery to get your registration password)
- By ticking your repeat prescription script and posting it thorugh the surgery letterbox.
Please be clear about what items you need when ordering and do not order anything you do not need. Keep the most recent copy of your prescription so that you can refer to it the next time you need to order.
It would be helpful if all your monthly requirements could be ordered at the same time.
Please inform the receptionist when you order your prescription where you would like to collect it from - we can send your prescription electronically to any pharmacy of your choice.
Please be aware that occasionally one or more of your drugs may be prescribed under a different name from the one you are use to taking. This is because the practice prescribes by generic (chemical) name rather than brand name. However, you can be assured that these drugs contain exactly the same active ingredients. If in doubt, please ask your pharmacist.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available here
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees here